Search This Blog

Let's eat.

From Big Sur's killer cliff-clinging eateries to Salinas' unparalleled produce, this blog aims to sniff out all things Monterey County can stomach, via picture and prose, curiosity and appetite, hand and mouth.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Because You Deserve It: Food Photography That Rules

From the How-the-Hell-Did-They-Do-That-One file comes "Turtle Burger."

Weekly staff photog Nic Coury dug this up (as only he can), though he was unable to find someone to credit in all its appearances. (If you're out there, e-mail me...Coury may be out of a gig.)

When I asked Weekly readers to send in their best food photos for $100 in shrimp and hush puppies at Bubba Gump, I got nothing this genius. But I got some good ones. Makes me want to open up the contest continuously...send in shots to edible@mcweekly.com whenever and I'll post good ones and work on conjuring some prizes.